APi Sound & Visual Logo White Church Projection & Sound Installation

Join Our Team!

We are looking for an audio-visual engineer to join our team and help deliver successful projects.

We are recruiting an Audio-Visual Engineer to enrich our installation team. If you think you have the skills, then please get in touch.

You will be installing bespoke audio-visual systems for a variety of customers of which at least 80% are in the church market, with the remaining 20% split between the Education, visitor attraction and commercial sectors. You will be working with a well-established engineering team based in Exeter with a mixture of local work and travelling to areas typically Southern England, Wales, London and Home Counties. You will be expected to stay away whilst on jobs typically more than 2 hours from Exeter and this will involve periods of being away from home.

This role may suit someone who already has extensive experience in the audio-visual sector or someone who has practical or technical skills from a related field. You must be able to work in a team and be keen to learn new skills from experienced staff but also be able to complete tasks independently.

Essential Criteria:

A clean driving licence is essential and all candidates will have to pass an enhanced DBS check to remain in the post due to regular work in the education sector.

Good health - The role is a physical one whilst on site and often requires working at height, manual handling of equipment and fixing to walls and ceilings.

Strong IT skills - especially in networking and streaming are desirable, with an interest in gaining some programming knowledge. 

Construction/practical skills - in the course of a project it is often necessary to use metal and woodworking skills.

A large part of installations involves running cabling to equipment, so an eye for detail will be necessary to ensure this is completed to a high standard.

Problem-solver who is able to work flexibly.

Confident and listening communicator.

The confidence to deal with customers is essential and skills in managing customer expectations will often be required.

Desirable Criteria

We welcome applications from people who have experience in the electrical installation trade or have held a position in a practical discipline.

Experience in live sound and video distribution plus basic networking and a general interest in technology.

We use the Google Ecosystem for all our internal systems, so familiarity with Google Drive would be beneficial.

APi Sound & Visual - Member of ISCVE
Members of the Institute of Sound, Communication and Visual Engineers.
The Institute of Sound Communications and Visual Engineers is a professional body promoting excellent technical standards and practices in the industry. Members maintain a code of conduct in professional activities, embodying high ethical standards and concern for the environmental and sociological impacts of professional activities.
Church Sound Systems - making technology work for people. Part of the APi Group.
Privacy Policy & Cookies
Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved website by: www.onebrightspark.co.uk
Top crossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram